Sunday, May 27, 2012

Book Store Goodies

Given my love of books, the bookfair was naturally one of my favorite parts of the NCHE conference. I could have spent HOURS in there just walking around & looking - oh wait, I DID!

I loved being able to put my hands on all of the different curriculums that my friends keep talking about & several that I have never heard of. I enjoyed finding historical fiction books that would make great additions to our library. I was encouraged to look through my kids eyes at all the "fun" stuff to enhance natural curiosity. I allowed myself the time to get lost without worrying too much about anything else.

So naturally I walked away with some really good resources & I can't wait to start devouring them!







God Cast

bare books & lined stencils from Miller Pads & Paper

math manipulatives from Rainbow Resource Center

Tea with Michelle Duggar from Vision Forum

lots of historical fiction, easy readers, & just for fun books

After we left the book fair, a trip to Ollie's was necessary. I was able to pick up lots of fun & educational materials there.

I still have more to buy before next year though.



2 comments:

Victoria said...

What did you think of Tea w/ Michelle? Recommend?

GRACE said...

Honestly Victoria, I haven't watched it yet! I had a coupon to Vision Forum & got it for free.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...