Saturday, May 12, 2012

Let the Games Begin!

Let me just say that I LOVE to read! Give me a book & my imagination any day over a television. Have I always been that way? Maybe not, but I have loved books as far back as I can remember. When I start a really good book, it becomes an obsession with me. The world stops turning, my thoughts stay surrounding the characters & events, & I can't put it down!

With that being said....

I have been listening to all the hype surrounding The Hunger Games & have had mixed feelings on it. Honestly, I wasn't really sure what it was even about but I heard people talking left & right about it. Then the movie came out & it was surrounded in controversy about whether to allow your teenage kids to watch it (even though its supposedly written to the teen audience).

So, curiosity got the best of me & I put my name on the waiting list at the library.

I started reading it on Tuesday & I have become a believer. I was enjoying the book but then I got to the last few hours before the "Games" started & I was HOOKED! I'm over halfway through the book. If you know me, you know I DON'T have time for this, but I can't put it down for very long.

The part that really amazes me is even though this story is completely fiction & set in the future, it COULD happen! The way our crazy world is going & the control that the government is trying to have over us doesn't make this such a long shot. I LOVE those kind of books. The ones where you can actually seem what's going on.

So, yes, I'm a fan! Yes, I'm now dying to know what happens. Yes, I will see the movie. Will I let my kids watch it? Ahhhh, I don't know yet. Maybe!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...