Monday, May 14, 2012

Some Lessons are Harder than Others

It has been a rainy dreary day.

Both outside & in.

Today has N O T been a good day.

I realize that its the middle of May & the longing of summer has set in. I also realize that restlessness has set in. Unrest with the kids & unrest with myself as well.

Motivation & diligence are not at the top of the food chain at the present moment. Although, they REALLY need to be.

The actual academic part to our learning is not suffering too much right now, considering that summer is just around the bend. But, I'm afraid that the spiritual training is suffering right now. Its all too evident with the attitudes that have been reflected recently.

But, its not only the kids who have been lacking in the fruits of the spirit. I certainly have too. And that seems to be rubbing off on them.

Although I KNOW from experience that my day runs so much smoother by starting it in prayer & study, somehow here lately, I have to MAKE myself study. And even then, it feels half hearted. I suppose I have too many irons in the fire again. I need to slow down, yet again & let the Lord lead me.

After a few fits, lots of tears, banishment to bedrooms, & an ice cold shower (a fire has not been built since yesterday, so there wasn't any hot water), I was gently reminded of the really important lessons in life.

The Busy Homeschool Mom posted this picture.

Luke 6:40 "The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master."

How scary is that? I am the main teacher, witness, & example that my kids are to follow. There are some days (entirely too many) that I don't want them to follow my lead. I don't want them to see my shortcomings & my sinful nature.

Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

BUT, how awesome is the promise that as long as we try, God will take care of the rest. I'm thankful that God knows my heart & He rewards my effort. I pray that I am able to use my mistakes for my good & for His glory.


No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...