Saturday, September 1, 2012

He's Still Working on Me

I have an old VBS t-shirt that says He's still working on me. I like to drag it out every now & then as a reminder that "it took Him just a week to make the moon & the stars, the sun & the earth, Jupiter & Mars. How loving & patient He must be because He's still working on me."

On any given day that you swing by my house, I can assure you that you might find cookies & cereal crushed up on the floor, toys recklessly abandoned, the contents of a drawer haphazardly emptied, books scattered all over the table & most likely the couch as well, dirty dishes in the sink, the trash can over flowing, last nights pot still on the stove with the remains of supper still in it, the kitchen floor in desperate need of mopping,  several loads of laundry covering my bed, several more loads hiding my bathroom floor waiting to be washed, 4 pairs (or more) of shoes just begging to be tripped over on the front porch, Logan in his pajama shirt & diaper, Austin without his shirt on, Makenzie with her hair in knots, & me with my hair falling out of the half attempted pony tail. And most of the time, you will notice many of these things, if not all of them, at the same time.

I love company and I welcome you to stop by, but if you want to save your sanity & enjoy a peaceful environment, you might want to call first. Um, 2 weeks before you want to come over should be sufficient. At least then, we can all be dressed & presentable & I can have a pathway cleared to the couch. I might even find room for both of us to sit down on it. But, if you are brave of heart & don't scare too easily, then, by all means, live dangerously & come on over!

God has a lot of work left to do with me. I want to spend more time in prayer, studying my Bible, playing with my kids, & teaching them life lessons. I want time alone with my husband & time alone by myself. I want to squeeze in those 3 miles again during the baby's nap. I want to enjoy the beauty in simplicity & lose myself in a book. I want a vacation & a bigger house. I have a business that needs tending, hairbows that need creating, tutus that need making, & a blog that needs writing. I have meals to cook, everything to dust, laundry to wash, shirts to iron, coupons to clip,  & groceries to buy. I have animals that need feeding, a yard that needs flowers, a pond that needs filling, & ants that need killing. I have football games to attend & cheerleaders to coach. I have diapers that must be changed, a 7th birthday party to plan, & a 10 year old attitude that needs adjusting. I have a new congregation of people looking for support from their pastor's wife. I have lessons to plan, devotions to read, & Contenders to lead. I have bills to be paid & not nearly enough money to cover our needs & our wants. I have friends to see & memories to make. I have burdens to bear & encouragement to give.

As you can see, I have a lot on my plate & no where near enough room for it. God has a purpose for my insanity. He is working a miracle in my life. I can't see the final picture now, but I know, one day, I will finally become all that He wants me to be. Until then, don't expect perfection because you won't find it here. Love me for who I am, with all of my faults & failures.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...