Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Power of One

How many times have you thought, "Well, I'm just me. How much difference can I make?" I know that I have thought that plenty of times.

It seems that in the grand scheme of life that just one little person doesn't stand out enough to make that big of a difference. It seems that if one little person messes up, that no one really pays attention. It seems that if one little person does something remarkable, that few ever hear about it.

I have dwelled on something all morning that I just can't get past. I was reading in the first few chapters of Joshua. The fall of Jericho seemed almost easy to the Israelites. They were God's chosen people. He had delivered them from so many obstacles already. They knew that He would deliver again. They followed His commands to the T.........

That is until Achan gave into temptation & went against God's command by stealing valuables from Jericho & trying to hide them from everyone else. No one else knew about his wrong doing. BUT GOD saw him.

Due to the sin of one man, many people suffered & perished.

This made me start thinking. Achan wasn't the only "one man" in the Bible. Adam was a "one man" whose partaking in eating the forbidden fruit affected everyone after him. King David was "one man" whose adulterous affair resulted in multiple deaths.

On the other hand, Abraham was only "one man" who God promised "I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore". Noah was only "one man" whose faithfulness saved a whole race from extinction. Jesus was only "one man" who was perfect, sinless, & obedient enough to die for EVERYONE!


Next time you start thinking that you are only "one man", think just how powerful being "one man" can be!


No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...