Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Does the Bible Really Say THAT?

Yes, ladies, I'm afraid to say it, but YES, the Bible does address s e x. And, oh trust me, like most women I talk to, I really fall short in this area.

There are several times in the Bible where God commands that the wife submit herself to her husband. Being the "Miss Independent" that I am, I'm not too fond of this part, but I try, I really try to submit myself lovingly to my husband.

Ephesians 5
22.Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23.For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24.Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25.Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Part of this submission also includes the marital bed. In 1 Corinthians, it clearly states that once we are married, we are no longer in complete control of our bodies.

1 Corinthians 7
1.Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2.Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 3.Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. 4.The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 5.Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

The reason I am even addressing this is because I believe that as a society, it has become the norm for women to withhold sex as a form of punishment when their husband makes them mad or doesn't live up to some expectation. I also believe that men see sex as a joke, something they are "entitled" to from any woman that they meet.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP!

Women, your husbands do not have to jump through hoops in order to receive physical pleasure! Men, your women (wives - preferably!) do not "owe" you anything!
God gave us sex as a way for husbands & wives to connect to one another in a way that not just anyone can.

Hebrews 13
4.Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled

I believe that if husbands & wives would start looking at sex through God's eyes instead of the way society has cheapened it, there would be a lot more happy homes, a lot less divorce & affairs, & a few more babies!

I, by no means, am everything that I need/desire to be. After all, between housework, homeschool, 3 kids - including a nursing baby, running here & there, a small farm, my wonderful blog (haha), & Blessed Boutique, I am one tired mama! This is a reminder to me as well! I NEED to invest in my marriage just like I would invest in my kids or my business!

So wives, I encourage you - be a little sweeter to your soul mate. Help him remember that feisty woman that he feel in love with.

I pray that God will reward your efforts & strengthen your love for each other!







No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...