Wednesday, February 22, 2012

And That Has Made all the Difference

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I have always liked this poem by Robert Frost. It screams adventure & individuality. It proves that it is ok not to be like everyone else.

While growing up, it is a very big deal to "fit in", be popular, & part of the cool crowd. Even as adults, we still don't want to rock the boat too much. We are afraid to be considered strange or a social outcast.

I am glad though, that I am different. Jesus made us as Christians to be a "peculiar people". 1 Peter 2:9 says:

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

The definition of peculiar means different, special, or set apart. If we are truly acting as Christians, then we are distinctive & we do stand out.

I started dwelling on this early today.

I'm not crazy about getting up early in the morning. Its not hard for me to wake up, I just choose to stay up entirely too late. But, I know that I need to get up early. I know that this is something that God desires of me. I need to start my day in prayer & studying His word. I WANT to do this, but its so easy to go back to sleep.

I didn't set the alarm last night. I thought, "if God wants me up, He will wake me up." YEP, He was paying attention & answered this prayer even though I didn't actually "pray" it. Logan woke up at 6:15 to nurse. I chuckled to myself when I looked at the clock because he had been asleep since around 12:30! That's almost unheard of in his little world! So I smiled & thanked God for waking me up.

I had a WHOLE HOUR to study God's word, pray, & do some recreational reading before Austin's alarm went off. I hadn't even told him to set it. 

Thanks to this special time this morning, our day has went off without a hitch. We have gotten a lot accomplished & everyone has been well behaved (for the most part). My heart has been filled with thanksgiving & joy all day! PLEASE remind me why I don't just give in & do this every morning! 

I look forward to that road less traveled!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...