Friday, July 26, 2013

Trash To Treasure

I love love love finding good deals.

I shop yard sales, consignment stores, & the Goodwill. I shop regular stores too, but rarely buy something if it isn't on sale.

As I mentioned earlier this month, I have been working on tagging 200 items for an TTB Kidz upcoming consignment sale in Charlotte, NC. I have shopped this sale numerous times in the past, but have never attempted to sell my own items. Turns out, there's a lot of work in getting ready for a sale.



I honestly hadn't planned on shopping the sale this year. Charlotte is over an hour away for me. Taking the clothes down and then picking up whatever is left was already creating 2 trips and more gas than I want to think about.

BUT, as I said, I LOVE sells! I also realized that I no longer had an option to put off buying Logan a big boy bed. *side note {One day as I was getting Logan up from his nap, he started handing me his papi (pacifier), blankets, & every stuffed animal in the crib. I laughed at him, telling him my arms for full so I couldn't get him. I asked him how he was going to get out. He proceeded to push up on the side rail and throw his leg completely over it. Ok, dully noted buddy. Its time for a new bed!}

So, off I took, in my gas guzzling Suburban in search of a bed, a new (to me) car seat because I'm tired of switching it back & forth constantly, and very few clothes.

After bumper to bumper, stop & go traffic, we finally made it to Charlotte. And where did I head first? Yep, straight to the beds. I found a white Graco metal bed with plastic side rails for $25. I personally think that was well worth the trip. (I'll tell you more about that later.)

I also found a Graco car seat for $20. The cheapest one I have previously found was $40, so of course, I bought it! The Abercrombie  hoodie for $3, the $10 Christmas dress valued at over $50, several other pieces were just icing on the cake.

And just what kind of homeschooler would I be if I didn't wander through the book section? When I saw a book that we would need for school this year that has been discontinued, I grabbed it in a heartbeat.


I was almost ready to leave when my eyes spotted The Princess & The Pea. It was an old copy & looked just like the one I had as a child. I smiled as I picked it up. My husband always refers to me as the Princess & the pea because if there is anything in my bed, I can't stand it. I will find even the smallest crumb. So, yes, we now own this copy of this children's classic.


No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...