Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Not So Happy


Yesterday was a family member's birthday. I didn't see them. I didn't have the opportunity to wish them happy birthday. In fact, I haven't seen or heard from this person in over 6 months. I know she is alive & other family members have spoken to her, but I haven't.

It's nothing personal, it's a choice that she has made. She has more or less deserted her family & everyone who loves her, with the exception of whatever man she happens to be living with at the time.

But yet, it's not really her choice anymore. She has been wrapped up in some kind of drug or mind altering substance for some time now.

If you know me, then you know exactly who I am talking about. If you don't actually know me, it doesn't matter. I'm sure you know someone who would fit this description! PLEASE pray for her!

Here in NC, there has been  A LOT going on lately with drug busts, especially Meth. A few weeks ago, several people I know were arrested in a local bust that has been accumulating for several years.

It turns out that my home town had the most number Meth labs busted up last year in the WHOLE STATE! How's that for getting your name on the map?! We used to be famous for Moonshine, then while I was in college, it was pot, now Meth. We are also one of the leading counties for prescription overdoses.  Oh, we've got some real winners here.

Have these people never SEEN what Meth can do to your appearance?!

I'm not being judgmental. It is very sad! This drug (all drugs in fact) has people so wrapped up in their clutches that it is almost impossible to get out!

Please talk to your children, your brothers & sisters, your friends, your neighbors, everyone you know. Please make sure they know the dangers, the damages that addictions can cause. If you suspect anyone you know of using drugs, please don't just stand by. Please try to intervene on their behalf. They are NOT going to come clean on their own. They NEED our help!



I know so many families that have been ripped apart by someone's addiction. Parents, children, friends that would give almost anything to have their families happy & put back together again.

2 comments:

K'Lee Banks said...

Hi. Stopping by from the UBC and Facebook. Thank you for sharing your heart and concern over the family member who has chosen to alienate herself - I can unfortunately relate, as it had been about a year and a half since any communication with a family member over an incident that long ago, also involving substance abuse.



I finally felt like God wanted me to make an effort to reconnect for his birthday this month, which I did, and he responded with thankfulness for the card and gift I sent, along with the birthday text. Where it goes from here is up to him, but it seems like it at least opened a window where there had been a brick wall.

Elizabeth Towns said...

I don’t know what happened to my message - disquis made it disappear somehow. I wanted to encourage you to pray and continue praying. I will also be praying for your loved one. My family has also been on this journey of addiction. Not with Methamphetamine but with crack cocaine, and I wanted you to know that we have the testimony of victory. We’ve experienced our loved one successfully restored to full health, serving God and raising his family - and you know God is not a respecter of person. Whatever He did for our family, He will do for you. Don’t grow weary in well doing now. Remember that in His word when the disciples could not heal certain people, He said there were different actions required to create those miracles. Those kind only came out by fasting and prayer. Well this is a different time in our history as human beings - there are new leprosies among us. We have to really touch and agree in prayer and fasting and step out on faith and boldness on behalf of our loved ones and those of others where drugs are concerned. I reviewed a book recently by Kurt Kamm called Hazardous Material about Meth (http://31daysearlyirise.com/2013/05/31/hazardous-material-book-review.html). There is so much going on in that industry.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...