Friday, July 19, 2013

Miracle Cure for Rough Feet

Ok ladies, let's talk feet.

Since we are right in the middle of summer, I'm sure that more people that not are sporting snazzy sandals and running around barefoot when you can. You are probably paying more attention to your pedicures as well. I know I am.


But if you are anything like me, you don't like the way your feet look and most importantly, feel.

I have tried E V E R Y T H I N G  to get soft, smooth, pretty feet (ok, feet are not really pretty - but as pretty as they can be). I keep lotion on my feet CONSTANTLY. I exfoliate. I scrub. I use a Ped Egg. I coat them in Vasoline, wrap in syran wrap,& cover with socks (Don't laugh!! & DO NOT try to walk!! This is best done at night while you sleep.)

None of these have lasting results.

Sigh, what's a girl to do?!

Have you seen the crazy picture circulating Facebook about soaking your feet in Listerine?

Yeah, I laughed too. But I thought, hey why not.

I tried it the other night. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup of Listerine, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and 1/2 cup of warm water. That is not enough to soak my feet in. Maybe if I had a different bowl & only soaked one at a time. I ended up using 2 cups of Listerine, 2 cups of vinegar, & 4 cups of water. After I soaked my feet, I made sure to exfoliate them and coat with lotion.

Yes, the Listerine made my feet tingle. And a word to the wise, if you have a cut or a sore on your foot, you will feel it. I had scrapped a toe and some of the skin was peeled back. It didn't actually hurt. It was just a little uncomfortable.

Results: My feet were still smooth the next morning. Now the cracks are still there, but maybe after repeated treatments, that might go away as well. I'll let you know.

My husband laughed at me and complained that I stunk up the whole house. ;) The things we do for beauty! 

1 comment:

Loretta Smith said...

I was wondering about that FB post! LOL!!! Thanks for your detailed experience and results!!!

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...